To purchase this micro-credential
Visit the website Chemical Hazard Awareness and complete the following steps:
- Go to “How to Apply”
- Add this micro-credential (and others) to a shopping cart 🛒
- Login or establish your account if you don’t already have one
This online micro-credential provides an overview of hazardous chemicals including the correct identification, labeling, safe handling, storage, and requirements for documentation in the workplace. The requirements for using Safety Data Sheets are
described to reinforce the responsibility of both individual and employer to prevent chemical injuries in the workplace.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
- Define what constitutes a hazardous chemical
- Understand the purpose, use, and requirements of Safety Data Sheets in the workplace
- Describe the emergency equipment required in chemical storage areas
- Outline requirements for the safe disposal of hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
Assessment: Online Quiz
Duration: 2 hours
CPD Hours: 2 hours
Intakes: Enrolments are taken throughout the year on a continuous basis.
Study Mode: Online
Outcomes, Career Opportunities and Occupations:
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Course Enquiries: CPD-Enquiries@cqu.edu.au